A habitation check is a detailed examination of the living area of your motorhome or caravan.
There are important reasons to have regular habitations checks:
• Safety – to protect your family and loved ones
• Identify problems early – catching a problem early will prevent a quick fix turning into a costly repair
• Warranty – to avoid invalidating your warranty
• Maintaining value – a history of habitation checks and maintenance will enhance the value and saleability of your motorhome or caravan
Habitation checks entail a thorough inspection of the habitation area of your motorhome or caravan. The inspection is carried out by a specialist motorhome and caravan engineer. It follows a set procedure and highly detailed inspection plan. It covers dangers such as fire risk, ventilation and gas systems as well as problem areas like damp, water systems, electrical systems and bodywork. You receive a full report afterwards with observations of problems identified and action required.
I am buying a vehicle, should I get a pre-purchase inspection?
Mobile Habitation checks and servicing:
HabCheck provides an AWS delivered mobile service, carrying out approved habitation checks for Motorhomes and Caravans at the time and place most convenient to you.
We can come to your home, storage facility or any other location to suit you. Each habitation check lasts approximately three to four hours and will cover things like water ingress, electrical and gas safety, window and door security and the other essential aspects which keep your vehicle running safely.
All of our mobile engineers are fully trained and we inspect every vehicle to the highest industry standards for ultimate peace of mind and protection.
Can Habcheck do my manufacturers service?
What does it cost, and can I spread my payments? Yes, from just £179!
Join our HabCheck Membership Scheme for FREE for these great extra benefits
Becoming a HabCheck member enables you to spread the cost of your annual habitation check and get some exclusive membership benefits.Member benefits include:
• A habitation check discount
• Spread the cost throughout the year
• Discounts on motorhome and caravan insurance
• Discounts from motorhome and caravan suppliers
• A video report of issues found and observations made during your check
• Join and forget – we’ll remind you when it’s time for your next habitation check
• Membership is transferable to a new Motorhome or Caravan if you change during the year CALL US NOW ON 0333 270 1043 TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS..
Book a habitation check ready for your 2020 season..
When your manufacturer or dealer warranty has ended, you can buy one from Engineer Aftercare and call on any AWS approved workshop for approved claims!
Habcheck is the exclusive partner with Engineer Aftercare ltd, providing Habitation servicing. Owners can also use the Engineer Aftercare or AWS ‘Find an Engineer’ feature to locate a workshop near to you..